At the end of the 14th century Ivanovce village was for the first time mentioned in a written form. In 1398, the King Sigmund Luxemburg issued his royal deed in which he made a present of Beckov County to the Duke Ctibor of Ctiborice. Our village is mentioned in this document under the name of Iwany. Later on, in 1471, a Matej Korvin´s scrivener used nearly the current name of the village – Iwanovche.
Landowner´s book of Beckov County from 1522 is the oldest document, which offers details about population of Ivanovce. We could learn from it that Mr. Fabian Holar acted as a reeve, and sworn were citizens – Mr. Ján Šeňo, Mr. Anton Zerav, Mr. Mišo Košata, Mr. Lukáš Barlovašovič and Mr. Prokop Brodek. The main activity was agriculture aimed at production of oat, wheat, barley, meslin (“suražica”) and very rare saffron. Citizens of Ivanovce village, similarly as citizens of the neighbouring village Melčice, they were obliged to donate the Beckov County regularly with proper amount of hop, pea, millet, canary seed, half carriage of hay, one carriage of wood, cabbage, cakes, hens and goose, butter and cheese. In addition, all peasants had to provide annually three sheep, one ox and two well-fatted pigs. There were also two functional mills and one gold coin per each was paid for their regular use as the annual fee. In 1664, during the Turkish domination, millers and the rest of the village had to pay 11.199 akče.
In the 16th and 17th centuries, owners of the village were various yeoman´s families of Beckov County. The first Josephin’s census conducted in 1784 reported a local population of 700 citizens and 107 houses. Size of the population has been rising slowly and nowadays, it counts about 1.000 citizens.
Ivanovce village has a long tradition of a voluntary Fire Department, which was established in May 1926 and with a small interruption, it still performs its functions effectively. The first Commandant of the Fire Department was Mr. Bohumil Bartoň (1938 – 1948). Ivanovce is also a place where on 12 July 1783 a distinguished Ugrian polymath Mr. Juraj Ďurkovič was born. He graduated from the Law University and later on in his professional career, he was appointed as a judge of Trenčín, Mošoň and Györ Counties. With his political opinions, professional awareness and national ideology he represented a typical Slovakian yeoman in the first half of the 19th century. Beside his professional duties, he was also active in history, culture and produced several professional studies which have never been officially published. On 25 January 1848 Mr. Ďurkovič died in Pezinok.